As one of the oldest congregations in Chicago, Temple Sholom is a vibrant and spiritual Reform Jewish community. We strive to educate and inspire children, youth and adults to participate actively in worship, Torah study and Jewish life experience, and to put Reform Jewish religious and ethical principles into action.? We seek to enrich the lives of our members, contribute to the continuance and vitality of the Jewish people, and work in pursuit of Tikkun Olam ? to help ?repair the world.?
The ideal candidate will provide leadership and direction for the Gan Shalom Early Childhood Education Center and for all early childhood programming at the Temple.? The Director will be responsible for:
- Administration of the Gan Shalom Early Childhood Education Center to ensure a safe, healthy, and developmentally appropriate environment for families with children 2-5 years of age.
- Oversight of all areas of all areas of operations including:
- License regulation determined by the State of Illinois
- NAEYC accreditation standards
- Enrollment goals and marketing materials
- Parent, Temple and community relations
- Staff supervision and development? and faculty oversight
- Developmentally appropriate secular and religious education
- Budget/profit and loss management
The Director is also a member of the senior staff of the Temple and will be involved in all aspects of family engagement programming at the synagogue.
- Masters degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related field strongly preferred
- Five-plus years in a supervisory role in a similar position.
- Director qualified by both IL licensing and NAEYC standards.
- Demonstrated experience in program planning and implementation, staff recruitment supervision and training.
- Knowledge of Jewish life, traditions and culture and the ability to impart this knowledge appropriately in an early childhood setting.
- Understanding of the Reggio Emilia philosophy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ?organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Fiscal management skills.
- Computer literate, including familiarity with social media.
We offer a salary commensurate with experience, skills and abilities and full benefit package.
This is a 12 month position with a varied workweek, including some responsibilities on Shabbat and Jewish Holidays.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae to ECEsearch@sholomchicago.org
29?total views, 10?today